Partner with Us
Who is the Institute for Justice Research and Development?
IJRD is a research center housed in the College of Social Work at the preeminent Florida State University, dedicated to catalyzing the rapid translation of research findings into practice to bridge the 17-year implementation gap between scientific discovery and changes to policy and practice. Our team of experts has decades of experience in both Criminal Justice and Social Work and together, we have published hundreds of academic papers on data-driven solutions to criminal justice reforms. We rapidly disseminate research findings to academic audiences, correctional stakeholders, practitioners, policymakers, and the public to ensure that our data-driven solutions change policy and practice in real-time.
What do we offer?
- Professional Training.
- IJRD trainers provide knowledge and expertise to create and facilitate customized trainings for your organization. We will work with you to provide your staff with valuable skills and information that will help your organization to accomplish its' goals. Trainings provide valuable career development for a wide range of professionals who work within the criminal justice system or with criminal justice system-involved individuals and families. Our most requested trainings focus on building resiliency among those who witness violence and suffering on the job and exploring the impact of post-traumatic stress on workers and the justice-involved individuals and families with whom they work. Online, self-paced trainings are coming soon!
- Continuing Education.
- Our professional educators provide continuing education to amplify individuals' performance and effectiveness. We work with the entire range of criminal justice professionals, including law enforcement officers, correctional officers, public defenders, prosecutors, case managers, mental health professionals, and probation and parole officers, to translate our research and expertise into practical skills and knowledge that can be applied in the work environment. Online, self-paced continuing education courses are coming soon!
- Program Evaluation.
- Our trained professional evaluators implement program evaluations to ensure that your organization's programs and services are effective and meet the needs of the individuals with whome you work. We provide guidance on how to optimize your programs, offer individualized coaching for agencies on how to select evidence-based, and can help continue to evaluate programs to ensure their effectiveness.
- Our expert consulants amplify your oeganization's work through personalized consulting services tailored to help you meet your mission and goals. We bring our collective decades of experience in clinical, community, and academic research settings to collaborate with stakeholders to develop programs using the most up-to-date, evidence-based solutions.
- Clinical services.
- We identify and research treatments most likely to have a positive impact on both justice-involved individuals and the behavioral health workers, law enforcement officers, and other criminal justice stakeholders who work with them every day. Our team of experts can help you select and implement clincial interventions services to meet the needs of your clients and amplify the mission of your organization.
The IJRD Difference
IJRD trailblazes the scientific discovery of solutions to some of society's greatest challenges. We rapidly develop state-of-the-art practices and ensure that they instantly make it into the hands of the policymakers, practitoners, and advocates who need them most.
Our National Expertise:
- Law Enforcement, Prosecution, Courts, Jails & Prisons
- Mental Health & Substance Use Disorders, including Opioid Use Disorders
- Trauma & Trauma-Informed Care
- Reentry Trajectories, Employment Well-Being & Social Support
- Professional Development, Program Evaluations & Training Certifications
- Corrections & Criminal Justice Employee Well-Being