Who is the Institute for Justice Research and Development?
IJRD's mission is to use science to improve lives, communities, and institutions by developing and researching innovations that reduce unnecessary reliance on the criminal justice system and by offering solutions that produce equity and prosperity across race, socioeconomic class, and behavioral health status. IJRD does research examining experiences across the criminal justice system in totality. Starting from an individuals’ first law enforcement contact, to reentry and stabilization into the community – IJRD offers stakeholders - including law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, corrections professionals, service providers, justice-involved individuals, and policymakers - the comprehensive scientific research needed to take informed data-driven actions to generate and implement criminal justice reform solutions.
Browse our training catalog today!
The IJRD Difference
IJRD trailblazes the scientific discovery of solutions to some of society's greatest challenges. We rapidly develop state-of-the-art practices and ensure that they instantly make it into the hands of the policymakers, practitoners, and advocates who need them most.
Our National Expertise:
- Law Enforcement, Prosecution, Courts, Jails & Prisons
- Mental Health & Substance Use Disorders, including Opioid Use Disorders
- Trauma & Trauma-Informed Care
- Reentry Trajectories, Employment Well-Being & Social Support
- Professional Development, Program Evaluations & Training Certifications
- Corrections & Criminal Justice Employee Well-Being