Race, Class, & Health Disparities in the Criminal Justice System
This course series was created to support those working within the criminal justice system to better understand the populations they serve. In addition to an overview of the US criminal justice system, this series has a special focus on members of communities that are disproportionately represented in the criminal justice system and includes their unique needs and perspectives.
The online, self-paced curriculum includes up to 8 hours and 8 CEUs with post-tests and instant certificates for those who pass with 80% or higher. All eight trainings are offered individually to allow trainees to choose relevant trainings that will best inform them to better serve their unique client population. Individual courses provide 1 CEU.
Who can benefit from these trainings?
Social workers, mental health field professionals, researchers, administrators, and support staff working within the criminal justice system or with individuals who have incarceration experiences.
What trainings are in this series?
- Overview of the Criminal Justice System
- Race & Class in the Criminal Justice System
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Common Symptoms, Treatments, and Prevalence in the Criminal Justice System
- Understanding the Incarceration of Women
- Immigrants in the Criminal Justice System
- American Indian & Alaskan Native Individuals and Criminal Justice Involvement
- Working with Justice-Involved LGBTQ+ Individuals - Mutual Respect
- Trauma & Men in the Criminal Justice System
Training length: Each training is approximately 1 hour in length
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Attendees who wish to receive CEUs will receive a certificate of completion immediately upon completion of training post-tests that indicates participation in this course. They may use this certificate to verify CEUs earned by submitting it to their licensing board. Each training earns 1 CEU; completion of all 8 trainings earns 8 CEUs
Training type: Video
Training cost: Each training costs
$49.99 ON SALE NOW* $25.99 *Use code IJRD50off at checkout for a limited time.
Need help or have questions? Contact Amberly Prykhodko at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click each image below to learn more and register for the courses in this series!